Explore 2024’s top UK horse betting sites: Ladbrokes, Unibet, William Hill, bet365, and 10bet lead in online horse racing bets. Dive into the UK’s longstanding horse betting tradition with these top online platforms.
UK Top Horse Betting Sites (2024)
|Best odds guarantee; Live streaming
|Fast payouts; best for Cheltenham betting
|Legacy since 1886; Global racing
|Live betting (best for Royal Ascot bets)
|Odds comparison; 60+ UK/Irish tracks live streamed
|Dedicated racing segment; bonus bets
The List of The 10 Best Sites for Horse Betting in the UK/2024
- bet365 racing (code: 365GMBLR)
- SBK – 30 in free bets
- Paddy Power horse racing
- William Hill
- Luckster – new horse betting site for UK
Which Site Offers Best Horse Betting Bonus? TOP Promotions for UK
- Bet365bet365 Horse Racing Bonus: £30 Bet Credits. Use code 365GMBLR18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New bet365 sports customers can get up to £30 in bet credit matched to their first deposit of £10 or more. To qualify, a bet must be placed on sports matching the initial deposit and contain at least one selection at odds of at least 1/5 (1.20). Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits, payment method exclusions and T&Cs apply.Read Bet365 Review365GMBLR
- BetwayBetway Sports New Customer Offer: £30 in Free Bet18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New UK customers only. Min Stake: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. 50 Free Spins on Big Bass Bonanza (£0.10 per spin) credited on settlement of qualifying Acca bet. No wagering requirements on free spin winnings. Debit Card deposit only (exclusions apply). This offer is valid 7 days from the new account being registered. Bet the Responsible Way. Full terms apply.Read Betway Review
- BetfredBetfred Horse Racing Bonus: Bet £10 and get £40 in bonuses18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New UK only. Register with promo code WELCOME40 via the Link, Bet £10+ on Sports in one transaction. Get £30 Free Bets & £10 free spins within 10hrs of bet settlement. Bonuses expire 7 days after issue. Min odds, eligibility & payment exclusions apply. Full T&Cs apply.Read Betfred ReviewWELCOME40
- SBKSBK Bonus: £30 in Free Bet. Promo Code BRITISHG3018+, BeGambleAware.org.New UK customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card or Trustly. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5. Free bets expire in 90 days. Full T&Cs apply.Read SBK ReviewBRITISHG30
- Mr PlayBet £10 Get £10 Bet Token18+, BeGambleAware.org.
18+. This offer is for new customers only and is available once per household. Max. Bet token amount £10.Minimum Deposit and wagering on sport to activate the Bet token is £10. The Bet token can only be used on a coupon with total odds of 1.80 (4/5) or higher. The Bet token offer will expire 14 days from the day it is activated in any new player’s account. www.begambleaware.org. Full T&C Apply.Read Mr Play ReviewBGPLAY
- 18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New customers only, 18+. Min deposit £10. Place a £50 bet on any sport at 2.0+ to qualify for £25 in free bets and 10 Free Spins. Free Bets and Spins valid 7 days. £0.10 Free Spins. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org.Read Fitzdares Review
- SpreadexSpreadex Sports Welcome Offer: £40 in free bet OR up to £300 cashback offer18+, BeGambleAware.org.
Place a fixed odds bet of at least £10 at minimum odds of 1/2. Promotions available to individuals who are registered customers of Spreadex. Qualifying bet cannot be placed in-play or cashed out early. Free bet stakes not included in any winnings. Free fixed odds bet can be placed by ticking the ‘Claim as Free Bet’ button on your bet slip when placing your chosen fixed odds bet. The free bet can be placed in-play but cannot be cashed out in-play and must run to the conclusion of the bet. Full terms apply.
- Luckster.comLuckster Sport Bonus: £10 in Free Bets18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New customers in UK/IE only. Available once per household. Max. FreeBet amount: £10 Minimum Deposit and wagering on sport to activate the Free Bet is: £10 Void/cancelled or cashed out bets do not count towards wagering to activate the free bet. Offer valid only to customers making a first deposit of £10 or more. T&Cs Apply.Read Luckster.com Review
- UnibetUnibet Racing: Money back up to £40 if your first bet loses18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&Cs apply. #AdRead Unibet Review
The competition to get punters to sign up with a horse racing betting site is fierce, so every one of the leading online betting sites will be offering new players some form of lucrative welcome bonus offer.
For instance, Bet365 delivers to first-time players a welcome bonus of £30 in free bets when you make a first wager of at least £10. At Mr. Play, make a first bet of £10 and receive £15 in free bets. Meanwhile, SBK will deliver £30 in free bets to newcomers when they make an initial stake of a minimum of £10.
Over at 10Bet, they will match your first deposit to a new account at a 50% rate up to a maximum of £50. With Ladbrokes, all you’ll need to be betting is £5 in order to lay claim to £20 in bonus bets. Make a first bet of £10 at SBK and they’ll reward you with £30 in free bets.
- What are the top horse racing betting online sites in the UK? Top UK websites for horse bets in 2024 include bet365, 10Bet Racing, Ladbrokes, Mr. Play, SBK, BetFred, Betway, Paddy Power horse racing, Tote, SpreadEx, William Hill, and Luckster. These sites offer a range of features like best odds, live streaming, and bonuses.
- Which UK horse betting site offers the best welcome bonus? The best welcome bonuses vary, but prominent offers include Bet365’s £30 in free bets for a £10 wager, Mr. Play’s £15 free bet for a £10 bet, and SBK’s £30 in free bets for a £10 stake. 10Bet matches your first deposit at a 50% rate up to £50, and Ladbrokes offers £20 in bonus bets for a £5 wager.
- What should I look for in a UK horse racing betting website? When choosing a UK horse racing betting site, consider factors like the guarantee of best odds, the range of betting markets, live streaming options, welcome offers, features like early cash outs, mobile app availability, and customer service quality.
- What are popular horse racing bet types online in the UK? Popular bet types include win, place, show, each-way, exacta, quinella, trifecta, superfecta, and exotic wagers like boxed or wheeled bets. Each type varies in complexity and potential payout, with exotic bets offering higher odds but increased risk.
- What are the best horse races in the UK for betting in 2024? Notable UK horse races for betting in 2024 include the Cheltenham Festival, Grand National, Epsom Derby, Royal Ascot, Glorious Goodwood, St Leger Stakes, Ebor Festival at York Racecourse, British Champions Day, Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, and the Hennessy Gold Cup. Each event offers unique betting opportunities and experiences.
UK Best Horse Racing Betting Websites Details
There are many options for online betting on horse racing available to UK punters. These are among the leading websites and the operators that are offering the most value when it comes to odds, bonuses and mobile options.
At Bet365, the best odds on every race are guaranteed by their brand name. One of the leading online sportsbooks in the UK, we found that Bet365 also rises to the fore when it comes to the major horse races in the UK such as Cheltenham and Royal Ascot. Their horse racing markets are second to none, extensively covering both UK racing as well as events from around the world. Bet365 is known for offering live streaming of most every race, early cash out options on many races and a first past the post payout in which your bet cashes even if your horse should be later disqualified.
Bet365 also offers the each way extra. This promotion enables punters to add or remove places from an each way wager.
If you like a bookmaker that tells you if you have the best price, gives you tips, and asks you what features you want, then SBK is the horse racing betting site for you. But don’t take their word for it. SBK provides a live odds comparison board that shows whether or not you are getting the best price available. The fixed odds version of Smarkets, SBK provides racing action from across the UK and Ireland and world wide. They deliver live streaming with coverage of 60 racetracks in the UK and Ireland.
We found wagering on horse racing with 10Bet to be a pleasurable experience. They certainly take care of their players, delivering fast payouts on winning wagers and daily free bet offers. Along with all of the UK and Irish racing, 10Bet also covers racing from across Europe and America, as well as such far off locales as Argentina, Panama and Uruguay. On those rare occasions when there’s no live racing going postward, not to worry. 10Bet also provides the option to wager on virtual horse racing.
At 10Bet, they provide a regular reload bonus and offer free bets on their site to frequent horse players. They’ll also permit the addition of extra places on an each way bet.
Horse racing bettors will love that there’s an entire segment of the BetFred horse betting web page solely dedicated to the sport of horse racing. They provide betting markets for both UK and Irish racing, along with major tracks spanning the globe. They follow the standard pattern of many British online horse racing sites in that they guarantee to deliver the best available odds on your bet.
Placing a bet on a horse to win at BetFred online and if it should get pipped at the post and finish second, you’re not necessarily a loser. Thanks to the free bet if second, a second-place finish on a win horse bet will be rewarded with a £10 free bet. Similar ro Bet365, BetFred also provides punters with the option to add or remove places on an each way wager. As well, this platform delivers a loyalty player rewards program to the benefit of frequent horse bettors.
Founded in 1886, Ladbrokes is arguably the most famous betting site in Britain. Branded today as Ladbrokes Coral, the company was purchased by Entain in 2018. Along with sports betting, casino gambling, bingo and poker, betting on horse racing is a staple of the Ladbrokes horse betting site. They offer wagering on all types of horse racing from across the globe from the American Triple Crown to top UK races such as the Royal Ascot and Grand National.
You’ll find all the popular promotions are accessible at Ladbrokes. They offer a best odds guarantee, extra places on each way wagers and live streaming of racing. On top of that, they deliver daily odds boosts on selected races. Ladbrokes is also the place to play if you’re in the market for special bets. They offer season-long wagers such as how many races a horse will win in a year, and distinctive racing wagers including bets that involve predicting specific outcomes within a race. These include the winning distance, the time of the winning horse, or whether a particular horse will finish in the top three.
At Mr. Play they offer live betting on horse racing, as well as an early cash out option. There’s Irish and UK racing on tap at Mr. Play, along with a selection of international tracks. We found that their odds were in line with the other top online betting houses. However, you won’t find the guaranteed best odds offer on their site.
SkyBet is another well-known British bookmaker that has expanded into online horse racing betting. They offer a wide variety of betting markets and live streaming of races.
Paddy Power is a well-known Irish bookmaker that has expanded into online horse racing betting. They offer a wide variety of betting markets and live streaming of races.
Popular Horse Racing Bet Types Online
In horse racing, the standard bets start off with win, place and show betting. Bet a horse to win and it must win the race in order to cash as a winner. A place bet is successful if the horse finishes first or second in the race. And a show bet will reward the punter if it crosses the wire in first, second or third place. You may also place an across the board wager, which would cover all three of these outcomes with one bet.
Exotic wagers are bets that require multiple outcomes in order to cash as winning bets. You will get higher odds with these types of wagers, but the tradeoff is that the risk factor is much greater.
An exacta bet requires the two horses in the bet to run 1-2 in the race. The quinella is similar to the exacta in that the horses must come in 1-2, but they can do so in either order. A trifecta needs the horses bet to finish 1-2-3. A superfecta adds another element, so the horses bet much come in 1-2-3-4.
These exotic bets can be boxed or wheeled, allowing the inclusion of additional horses and creating more possibilities for a successful wager, but at a much higher outlay of cash. 888 horse racing is the best site for these types of bets.
Best Horse Races in the UK for Betting in 2024
- The Cheltenham Festival (March 2024): One of the most prestigious events in the UK horse racing calendar, featuring the Cheltenham Gold Cup. The recommended UK horse racing betting sites are: 10bet, bet365, Betfred and SBK. The Cheltenham Racecourse in Gloucestershire has been home to the Cheltenham Festival each March since 1860. The four-day meet produces the second-largest purse pool among British racing and is highlighted by the annual Cheltenham Gold Cup. This is a Grade 1 National Hunt steeplechase race. The event is run on the New Course at Cheltenham Racecourse over a distance of about 3 miles and 2½ furlongs. During the running of the race there are 22 fences to be jumped.
- The Grand National (April 2024): Held at Aintree Racecourse, this is one of the most famous and demanding steeplechases in the world. In terms of steeplechase racing, the Grand National is the epic event on the British racing calendar and the toughest ticket to get in the sport. Win the Grand National and your horse will gain legendary status. Held at Aintree Racecourse near Liverpool, the Grand National was first contested in 1839 and fittingly won by a horse named Lottery. In total there are 16 fences on the Grand National course, 14 of which are jumped twice along the four mile, two and a half furlong distance, which is the longest jump racing distance in UK racing.
- The Epsom Derby (June 2024): A classic flat race that is one of the five English Classics and is hosted at Epsom Downs. For flat racing, the Epsom Derby is the epitome of excellence and elegance on the British racing scene. First contested in 1780, the Epsom Derby is simply known as “The Derby” by British punters. The race takes place in June at Epsom Downs in Surrey. An average of 150,000 people attend the famous competition, and those who attend dress the part. Men arrive in suits and top hats, while women are adorned in colorful dresses and extravagant hats of all shapes and sizes. There are even prizes for the best dressed in attendance.
- Royal Ascot (June 2024): A highlight of the British summer season, this event combines high fashion with some of the best horse racing. Taking place every June, the Royal Ascot meet is certainly the most prestigious week of racing in the UK. Celebrities and Royals are on hand both to be seen and to see their horses in action on the track at the Ascot Racecourse.
- The Glorious Goodwood (July/August 2024): Known for its relaxed and stylish atmosphere, this event takes place at the beautiful Goodwood Racecourse.
- The St Leger Stakes (September 2024): The oldest of the five classics, held at Doncaster Racecourse.
- The Ebor Festival at York Racecourse (September 2024). This is a three-day festival of horse racing that features some of the biggest races in the UK, including the Ebor Handicap and the Yorkshire Oaks. The Ebor Handicap is open to thoroughbreds ages four years and older. First contested in 1843, the race is run at York Racecourse in York, England, during the Ebor Festival every August. The name of the race is derived from Eboracum, the Roman name for York. The Ebor Handicap is considered one of the most competitive and valuable handicap races in Europe.
- The British Champions Day (October 2024): Held at Ascot Racecourse, it’s one of the richest days in British racing, marking the end of the flat racing season.
- The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp Racecourse in France (October 2024). This is a Group 1 flat horse race for three-year-olds and upwards. It is one of the most prestigious horse races in the world.
- The Hennessy Gold Cup (November 2024): A prestigious National Hunt chase at Newbury Racecourse.
- A relative newcomer to the UK racing picture, the Ladbrokes Trophy is a race that was introduced in 1957. Unlike other British racing festivals, this is a one-day event. The race is held in Newbury at the city’s racecourse, with a purse of £200,000.
- Also contested at York Racecourse are the Nunthorpe Stakes and the Juddmonte International Stakes, both for thoroughbreds. Held since 1922 and run at a distance of five furlongs, the Nunthorpe Stakes is open to two-year old and older horses, making it one of the few races in the UK that offer two year olds the chance to compete against older horses.
- A Grade One flat race, the Juddmonte International Stakes is open to horses three years and older. Also held during the August Ebor festival, this race is run at a distance of two miles and five furlongs. First contested in 1972, the Juddmonte International Stakes attracts a top field from around the world. It’s been named as Britain’s best race by the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities.
These are just a few of the many upcoming horse racing betting events for the UK in 2024. Horse races are happening all year round, so be sure to check out the schedules of your favorite racecourses to see what’s coming up. Visit this page for more info: britishhorseracing.com/racing/fixtures/upcoming/
The Best UK Mobile Horse Racing Betting Platforms
As a mobile only site, you’d expect SBK promo code to provide a state of the art app and we’re here to tell you that you won’t be disappointed by that expectation. Whether you’re an Android or iOS user, you’ll find that the SBK app downloads quickly and easily in mere seconds. Navigation of the site is smooth and simple. The sharp odds they deliver on horse racing only adds to the pleasure of the experience.
You’ll get all the same features on the Bet365 mobile app that you’d find on their desktop version. This includes live streaming of races from the UK, Ireland, France, Australia, the USA and South America racing. All you need is to have a 50p or 25p each-way bet on the outcome.
Visit the Ladbrokes horse racing site on your mobile device and it will automatically download their mobile app to your device. It’s that simple. And your Ladbrokes login remains the same, whether using the mobile app or their desktop version.
The BetFred mobile app is known for delivering fast payouts on winning wagers. Downloading of the BetFred is easily and swiftly completed. You can go to the Google Play Store or Apple Store to download the 10Bet app, or you can simply scan the code on their desktop site to instantly download the 10Bet mobile app and start betting on horse racing right away.
Mr. Play only offers a mobile app option for Android systems. However, if you’re an iOS user, you can utilize their mobile browser site and access all of the same features that are offered by their desktop site. Here is the full list of the best apps for horse betting.
What To Look For In The Best UK Betting Sites
Reading through the offers from the leading UK online horse racing betting sites, there aren’t major differences from site to site. However, even the minor alterations are significant when it comes to your betting funds. Go for a site that guarantees the best odds, such as Bet365, 10bet, Betfred or Ladbrokes, to assure that your wager is delivering the most bang. Likewise, you’ll want to wager at a book that is offering live streaming of the race.
Nothing’s more frustrating than not being able to see your wager’s outcome unfold. Here is a complete list of the best UK bookmakers, including the top new betting sites and the bonus codes for boosting your odds.
When choosing a UK horse betting site, it is important to consider your own needs and preferences. Some factors to consider include the betting markets offered, the odds, the live streaming, the welcome offer, the features, and the customer service.
What are the different types of horse betting markets?
There are a number of different types of horse betting markets, including:
- Win: This is the most common type of horse betting market. You bet on which horse you think will win the race.
- Place: This is a bet on which horse you think will finish in the first two places.
- Show: This is a bet on which horse you think will finish in the first three places.
- Each-way: This is a bet on which horse you think will win the race, and also on which horse you think will finish in the first two places.
- Trifecta: This is a bet on which three horses you think will finish in the first three places, in the correct order.
- Quadrella: This is a bet on which four horses you think will finish in the first four places, in the correct order.
When betting on a horse race, there are several factors that you should be taking under consideration before placing that bet. These include the current form of both the horse and the jockey who will be up on that particular mount. Also take into account the success rate of the horse’s trainer.
Track conditions are another vital element. Some horses love to run in sloppy conditions, while others simply aren’t mudders. Post position can also impact a race. It’s also wise to be aware of past performances by the horse on the type of surface and at the distance slated for the upcoming race.