For horse racing followers in the UK looking to open a new betting account, there are a host of bonus offers available (including free bets), so it is always best to shop around. Along with the usual extra places on particular races and odds’ boosters, the gambling sites regularly come up with new deals, promotions and ideas to grab your attention, and your custom! Here, you can learn all about these horse racing betting offers and free bets.
bet365, Betfred, 10bet are among the best sites offering top horse racing betting odds, free bet deals and other promotions for UK gamblers. Here are some bonus details.
UK’s top horse betting offers and free bet promotions
|Bookmaker||Horse Betting Offer|
|bet365||get £50 free bet, use code 365GMBLR|
|Coral||bet horses, get Coral’s free £20 bet|
|10bet||get a 50% matched bonus up to £50|
|STSbet||£30 in free bet offer, min odds of 1/2|
|SBK||best horse racing odds, code STSGMBLR, bet £10 get £30 in bonus|
What are horse betting bonus types?
The most popular offer to attract new horse racing betting customers is free bets – the so called ‘bet and get’ – where you open your account and place your first bet before the online bookmaker gives you a number of free bets up to a certain cash value. These free bet promotion normally range from £20 up to £50 but can be higher, and always remember restrictions usually apply to the free bets, such as a time limit on when you must place them, and the stake typically not being included in winning returns.
- Risk-free betting sign up offers: These refund your stake in cash or as free bets, if the first wager you place loses. For example, Paddy Power offer you a risk-free first bet of £10 when you join.
- Bet-and-get welcome bonuses: This allows you to place wagers that qualify you for free bets. For instance, the horse racing betting site Coral offers a bet £5 get £20 signup bonus.
- Deposit deals: Here, you can fund your betting account via an accepted payment method, and then receive free bets matched to a set value. The Bet365 welcome bonus matches your first deposit up to £50.
There are three main types of promotional offers for horse betting. The most popular sign up offers are welcome bonuses for new customers, free bets and daily ongoing promos for existing players.
Horse Betting Promotions
Welcome offers (or no deposit bonuses) are awarded to you upon signing up as a new customer, then entering a promo code and/or making a deposit. Free Bets are bonus funds for you to gamble with on a sportsbook, but they differ from new customer bonus offers as they in most cases require you to place a qualifying bet. For example, William Hill horse racing website offers you extra £30 in free bets, but you first have to wager £10. Also, your wagers need to meet certain conditions before withdrawals.
As well as horse betting free bets and welcome offers, you can also receive general promotions that help you when betting on the major races like Cheltenham, Grand National Royal Ascot and so on:
- Bet boosts offers: A boost allows you to enhance the odds for horses of your choosing. These give you a slightly bigger price than what is currently available. Unibet provide three odds boosts for horse racing every day.
- Enhanced odds specials: These horse betting offers have strict stake limits and you can only access them for a limited time – but they add even greater value. William Hill and their Flash Odds promotion is a good example.
- Acca bonuses: Great if you are brave enough to place system, combination, and accumulator bets on the horse, these may give you extra winnings. As an example, Betfred offers their All Correct Bonuses offer.
You should also check out these free bet offers that cover your horse betting wagers:
- Winner bonuses: These can come in the form of free bet offers, as you back a horse that earns victory over a certain price and get a little something extra. Both 888Sport and Bet365 offer a 4/1 winner bonus.
- Free bet clubs: These offers reward you with bonuses when you bet so much each week. Being loyal to certain horse racing bookmakers pays. Paddy Power and their Paddy’s Rewards Club is a great example of this.
- If your horse finishes second at certain meetings and in particular races, then your stake is returned as a free bet. Unibet Racing and Betfred have such free bet offers.
Some of the most popular horse racing websites, along with some of the newest bookies, have a range of promotions on horse race betting on top of the free bets for opening an account, with one of the most famous names in gambling, bet365 horse, among those offering bonuses for new and existing customers.
Money Back Bonus
Among the other popular new customer offers is the ‘money-back if your first bet loses’ – in effect the betting firm offers a free first bet up to a certain value, giving punters their stake back if the bet loses. Some offer this bonus in bet credits, but some offer it in cash, placing the value of your losing bet straight back into your account.
Boosted/ Enhanced Odds Offer
Enhanced odds is also proving a popular offer to attract new customers, the gambling firm offering a starting price on a horse, usually a hot favourite in a big televised race, way above what is available to other punters.
Despite the range of promotions available, the most popular remains the free bet, no deposit. Although rare, if you shop around you can normally still find sites that offer free bets for merely registering an account with them.
The offers are there to suit all budgets, and with a little research you can always find the one that’s right for you. Remember to always read the terms and conditions of all horse betting offers to new customers, with racing betting sites typically only giving bonuses and free bets to customers who open their account with a debit card.
Bet365 is one of the most popular horse racing betting websites in the UK, they offer new customers £50 in free bets after betting an initial £10 – once you’ve deposited £10 and placed bets up to that value, the free bets are released. The site also offers horse racing punters the chance of free bets if they get a winner on races televised by ITV: place a winning bet on a horse at odds of 4/1 or more on a televised race, and if your next bet on a televised race loses (same stake, up to £50), bet365 will refund your stake. If you keep winning, they’ll keep giving free bets!
For punters who like an each-way bet, bet365 also offers each way extra, giving you the chance to increase the number of places the site pays out on. The odds are reduced as the number of paid places increases, but you can place an each-way bet for your horse to finish in the top six or seven, or even further down the field for the big handicap races; you can also reduce the number of places to increase the odds on your each-way selection. Like many other sites, bet365 has live streaming and in-play odds, so if you spot a horse that’s still in first gear while the others are flat out, you can place a bet during the race.
Another big name in the racing world, Coral horse, also has a range of offers for new customers, including Coral’s free £20 bet when you open your account and make your first £5 wager – bet £5, get a free £20 bet that must be used within seven days. Coral also has free bets at selected meetings if your horse is beaten by a length or less: bet up to £10 on a horse and if it loses by a length or less, get a free bet to the same value.
Another site offering great bonuses for new customers is 10bet – you can get 50 per cent of your first deposit (up to £50) when you sign up with them. During particular festival weeks such as Royal Ascot, Cheltenham or the Grand National, 10bet typically offers bonuses like a free bet if your horse finished second on selected races, and free bets when you wager a certain amount each day of the festival. The site also offers promotions such as a free bet if your horse loses by a neck or less and a free bet once a week for customers, up to a value of £20, if you pick a winner at odds of 3/1 or more – bet £10 or more on a single horse to win and get a free bet to the same value, up to £20, if it comes in.
Among the gambling firms offering bonuses for new customers is Betfred, with £30 in free bets when you open an account and place your first £10 bet at odds of evens or greater. Among the other horse racing offers, Betfred racing offers a free bet if your horse finishes second in selected races, matching your losing bet up to a maximum of £10.
At STSbet, new customers get 3x£10 bets free after they place an initial £10 bet at odds of 1/2 or better, and horse racing enthusiasts get the chance to join the STS Loyalty Club, earning a free £10 bet every week if they place at least five £10 bets per week on horses at odds of 1/2 or better. STS also runs offers during racing festivals; among those is the chance to earn free bets if your bet on the first race of each day loses.
SBK is another site offering £30 in free bets for new customers after they have made an initial £10 deposit into their account and placed a horse racing bet.
5 Best Horse Betting Offers for 2022
- bet365 UK’s best horse tacing offer – £50 in free bet
- Betfred: get £30 on horse bets
- STSBet: new UK customers get £30 in free bets
- Coral racing offer: £20 free bet promotion
- Ladbrokes: extra place bonuses
Almost every online horse betting site has signup offers that give you something extra for joining. Whether it’s welcome offers, little ways to enhance your horse betting, or free bet promotions, you should keep an eye out for great deals.