Free bets is probably the most common promotion offered by online betting sites. Sign up for an account and receive free bet offer to use on sports of your choice. You’ll have to place your bets at minimum odds as stated in the terms and conditions. However, anything you win is yours to keep.
Top Free Bet Sign-up Betting Offers
- William Hill UK – £30 in free bets promotion
- bet365 – £100 free bet bonus credits
- BoyleSports – £20 bonus
- Unibet Offer – get £50 sign-up welcome bonus
- Genting Bet – £25 free if first bet loses
Check out our comprehensive list of the current free bets and promo offers for all new depositing customers in the UK by the best online bookmakers, including new sports betting sites and popular mobile apps like William Hill, bet365 and more.
British Online Bookmakers With Best Free Bets
- Bet365£100 in Bet CreditsTBA
- William HillGet £30 in Free BetsP30
- BoyleSportsBet £10 to Receive £20 in Free BetsTBA
- UnibetGet £40 Money-Back BonusTBA
Most UK bookmakers offer free bets for all new customers in return for opening an account, but these promotions can vary greatly. You may need to use bonus codes to claim free bet offers. We review all the UK free bets offers for 2021/2022 sports betting season, including World Cup, so you can pick the ones that suit you best. That way, you know exactly what you are getting when you sign up for a new sports betting account.
We look at all the key details of the latest UK free bets for sports to select the best currently available at UK bookmakers. Claim free bets on deposit and signups, place bets on football, tennis, boxing, cricket, hockey and more. Normally, free bet amount is not withdrawable, you have to wager bonus + deposit at least once to be able to take the winnings out, read terms.
Key Free Bet Sign-up Bonus Terms
- 888 Sport: This UK bookmaker offers new registering customers £30 in free bets plus a £10 casino bonus when you deposit and bet £10. Your bet must have minimum odds of 1/2 and your free bets must be used within 7 days.
- Betfred: This online bookie combines free bet promotions with a casino offer. You get £30 plus 60 free spins on one of their video slot games. You’ll have to enter a promo code to claim this sign-up bonus and your £10 bet must be at Evens or higher.
- Genting bet sports site will give you a free bet welcome deal of up to £25 if your first bet does not win. So if you place a £25 bet at Evens or higher and it bombs, you’ll get another £25 bet within 24 hours.
- BetVictor: Here, you’ll get a generous £30 in free bets (£20 to use on sports bets and £10 to use on selected games) from a qualifying bet of just £5. You can use the free bets on certain events at odds of Evens or higher within 7 days.
- Betfair: This UK sportsbook always does things a little differently. They’ll offer new customers up to £100 in free bets bonus as a welcome offer, but you’ll have to work a little harder for it. For every 5 bets of £10 or more at odds of 1/2 or higher, they’ll give you £20 in free bets. You can repeat up to 5 times to get the full £100.
Free Bets Bonus for New Depositing Customers
|UK Bookmaker||Sign-up Welcome Offer|
|888Sport||£30 in free bets|
|Betfred Sports||£30 free bet|
|Genting Bet||free bet up to £25 if first bet loses|
|BetVictor Sports||£20 in free bonus bets|
|Betfair UK||£100 in free bets, promo terms apply*|
- CoralGet up to £20 in Free Bets
- Hopa SportBet £10, Get £10 Free Bets BonusHOPA20
- LadbrokesGet £20 in Free Bets when you stake £5 on sports!
- SportNationEarn Cash Bonus Type
Types of Free Bets Promotions
Free bet offers often follow a similar format but there are different conditions required to access them. Trawling through them all can be daunting, but luckily you don’t have to. We check all the terms and conditions of every offer we review.
A typical UK free bet offer will reward you with free bets up to a certain value in return for making a wager. For example, if you bet £10 you might get £30 in free bets. Conditions might include a minimum deposit amount, or your qualifying bet might have to be higher than a certain price. Your free bets might also expire after a certain time.
Once these free bets are added to your account, they cannot be withdrawn as cash but if you wager them and win, you can withdraw your winnings as normal.
No-deposit Sign Up Bonus Offer
Some operators offer UK free bets with no deposit required, and we bring you the best of no deposit bonuses and offers every day. These offers are usually applied to casino games and come in the form of free spins or credit; you may also find similar offers of sports sites. Although these bets are free, you may be required to wager a certain amount before you can withdraw any winnings. We take all these conditions into account when reviewing UK no-deposit free bet offers.
A good example of a no deposit free bet offer is the one currently offered by LeoVegas. All you have to do is sign up to get 10 free spins with no strings attached.
Free bets that you receive when signing up can be used across a range of sports from horse racing to darts. However, you may also see free bet offers for existing customers that are related to specific sports.
For example, Betfred’s Football Acca Insurance will give you a free bet of up to £10 if one leg of your football accumulator (five-fold or more) lets you down.
You may see similar offers from different bookies on football, horse racing and major US sports such as NFL.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Free Bet
When choosing a free bet offer, you need to make sure you understand the terms and conditions and are happy with them. You should check that the bets are available in your market of choice and that your qualifying bet meets the requirements such as minimum odds – otherwise, you will not receive your free bets. Once the free bets have been credited to your account, you’ll need to use them within a certain time period, or they will expire.
Many of the leading bookmakers have special offers for big events. A great example is the Cheltenham festival when you might get an enhanced free bet offer from one of the big hitters. Here are just a few examples:
- Paddy Power UK: A great choice for special offers on the big horse racing events. If you are thinking of downloading their app and registering, you might get a good deal during Cheltenham or Grand National weekend.
- Betfred: If football is your sport of choice, this bookmaker has regular free bet offers around the major events as well as enhanced offers for the UK domestic leagues. Their comprehensive app is available on all popular devices including the Apple Watch.
- Betfair: Another well-known name with a big reputation, Betfair’s easy-to-use app is well worth a download and they often run promotions attached to big horse racing events. Learn more about bet apps here.
How To Use Free Bet Offers?
UK Free bets are basically tokens that you can use to wager for free. Once they are credited to your account, you cannot withdraw them as cash, you can only use them to place bets under the conditions listed in the terms. To use the tokens, you simply pick a qualifying bet and choose your free bet token as the payment method. Just make sure you use them within the stated time limit.
Sports and events to use free bets on:
- American Football (Super Bowl)
- Horse Racing (Cheltenham Festival, Grand National Royal Ascots and more)
- Motor Racing (Formula 1)
- Politics, Elections
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Tennis (Open Tournaments)
- TV/Specials (Oscars, Awards etc.)
- World Cup
You may be wondering “what’s the catch with a free bet?”, and you’d be right to ask, after all, nothing in life is free, right? Well, in this case, a free bet does actually live up to its name. Yes, you have to deposit some cash and make a bet first, but the bookmaker will give a free token to be used for betting once your first bet is settled.
Free bets with no deposit requirement usually have stricter conditions attached. It is important to understand these terms and decide if they are right for you. You should ask yourself if you are likely to meet the wagering requirements within the stated timescale before taking advantage of these promotions. For many casino players, they are a great option.
A standard free bet offer is risk-free to you if you are planning on opening an account and wagering with your own cash anyway. The free bet costs you nothing but you take all of the profit if it wins. Our websites lists all the benefits of each offer in a clear and simple way.
Betting Apps With Free Bets
- William Hill App UK: best free bet bonus
- bet365 Mobile Site: 100 in free bet promotional credits
- Ladbrokes Bookamaker App: sign up for free bets offer
- 888 Sports App: £30 in free bet
The Best Betting Sign Up Offers
- William Hill
- 888 Sport
At first glance, many sign-up offers by online bookmaers in the UK look very similar but there are a few different types. In addition, the conditions of each bonus may also vary. The most common betting welcome bonus is a free bet offered in exchange for depositing cash and placing your first bet. Some may give you a combination of free bets and tokens to be used on casino games. While other sports betting sites may offer you a matched bet or a free bet if your first wager does not win.
We are always checking on the latest signup offers to make sure you can select the best deal. Here are just a few examples of the hottest bonuses for new customers.
- BetVictor: You can get £30 of free bets in exchange for a £5 qualifying bet from BetVictor! The offer includes a combination of free sports bets and gaming tokens, making this a good option if you like casino games as well as sports wagering.
- bet365: If you sign up to this bookmaker with a deposit of £5 or more, they will match your deposit with bet credits up to a maximum of £100 upon settlement of your qualifying bets.
- Betway: If you like to keep things simple, this signup offer is for you. Just deposit and bet £10 on a selection with odds of 3/4 or better, and they’ll give a free bet of the same value.
- BetBull: If you open a new account here and deposit £20 to £100, you’ll receive free bets matching your first deposit. The bets are credited in four equal amounts, so if you deposit and bet £80, you’ll get four £20 bets.
- 888 Sport: One of the best-rated signup offers around gives you £30 in free bet plus a £10 casino bonus for a £10 bet. And the minimum odds are only 1/2.
Enhanced odds are offered at most sports betting sites. These are special odds boosts on selected matches, games and horse races and are only available for a limited time. You’ll find all price boosts clearly labelled in the lobby, showing the original price and new boosted odds.
Money Back Promotion
Money-back deals are great if you want to get a refund on your losing bets. You will earn money back in the form of free bets if your wager loses. Watch out for wagering requirements on your free bets and always adhere to any required minimum odds.
No-Deposit Bonus Offers
Some sportsbooks and casinos offer no-deposit bonuses to customers. You will receive free bets or bet credits to use without the need to make a deposit first. No-deposit bonuses are also found widely at online casinos where you’ll receive bonus funds to use on slots and table games.
Betting Loyalty Schemes for Sports & Casinos
Some online betting and online casino sites also run VIP schemes. You will earn player points every time you place real-money bets. The more you bet, the more points you earn. You can then redeem points for special offers and free bets. You may also earn exclusive deals such as birthday bonuses.
Special Sports Betting Bonuses
The best online betting sites will run a range of promotions throughout the year. Offers can bet given out for horse racing or football, and special deals will appear during major events such as Super Bowl, the World Cup or Olympics.
During the footie season, you’ll be able to get early payouts if your team goes 2 goals up, or money back if the game ends 0-0. For horse racing, you will be able to claim extra paid places on each-way bets, free bets if your horse comes 2nd, and best odds guaranteed on every horse race.
What is the Matched Bonus?
A matched deposit is when the bookmaker offers to match the value of your first deposit up to a maximum value. So, if you deposit and bet £20, they will match your wager with a £20 free bet once your first bet is settled. A good example is bet365’s signup offer which matches your deposit up to £100.
What to look for in a betting welcome offer?
Betting sign-up offers appear straightforward but there are always a few terms and wagering conditions tucked away in the small print.
One common condition is the minimum odds at which your qualifying bet can be placed. This can vary from one UK signup bonus offer to another, and you should be aware of this limit before you place your first bet. As long as the price is equal to or higher than the limit, you’ll get your UK signup welcome bonus.
Once you have been credited with your tokens, there will be a time limit on when you can use them. This is usually 7 days but might vary, so make sure you read our reviews where any time limits are always listed.
The most important restriction to understand is the wagering requirement. This is the amount of money you must wager before you can withdraw any winnings earned from bonuses. These are commonly found on casino bonuses but you should look out for them on any kind of bonus you are looking to claim. For anyone looking to bet on a regular basis, the wagering requirement might not be an issue. But, for anyone looking to place a one-off bet or just wager now and then, they might be restrictive.
How to use a betting sign-up bonus?
Signup offers including those which match your deposit are paid in betting tokens that are credited to your account. As soon as your qualifying bet is settled, the bonus is credited to your account. The next time you bet (within the stated time limit), the option to use your free bets will appear on your bet slip. Just select it and confirm your bet. Many bookies will use major sporting events to promote their UK signup bonus offers and get you to sign up. If there is a big horse race meeting coming up such as the Cheltenham Festival or the Grand National, or a football competition such as the Champions League or World Cup, you might see special betting offers related to these events. In some cases, existing offers are simply rebranded to reflect a current sporting event.
Bookmakers want you to become a regular customer and they are happy to offer you a reward to sign up to their website or mobile betting app. Matched deposits are just one type of bonus they might use.
You cannot withdraw the bonus directly from your betting account, you can only use it to place wagers under the conditions stated. Any winning from these wagers can then be withdrawn in the usual way via your preferred payment system.