Most UK bookmakers offer free bets in return for opening an account, but these promotions can vary greatly. At BritishGambler.co.uk, we review all the UK free bets offers so you can pick the ones that suit you best. That way, you know exactly what you are getting when you sign up for a new account.
What Types of Free Bets Can You Get in the UK?
Free bet offers often follow a similar format but there are different conditions required to access them. Trawling through them all can be daunting, but luckily you don’t have to. We check all the terms and conditions of every offer we review.
A typical UK free bet offer will reward you with free bets up to a certain value in return for making a wager. For example, if you bet £10 you might get £30 in free bets. Conditions might include a minimum deposit amount, or your qualifying bet might have to be higher than a certain price. Your free bets might also expire after a certain time.
Once these free bets are added to your account, they cannot be withdrawn as cash but if you wager them and win, you can withdraw your winnings as normal.
5 Best Free Bets You Can Get Right Now
We look at all the key details of the latest UK free bets for sports to select the best currently available. Here are just a few examples:
- 888sport: This bookmaker offers you £30 in free bets plus a £10 casino bonus when you deposit and bet £10. Your bet must have minimum odds of 1/2 and your free bets must be used within 7 days.
- Betfred: Another bookie that combines free bets with a casino offer. This time you get £30 plus 60 free spins on one of their video slot games. You’ll have to enter a promo code to claim and your £10 bet must be at Evens or higher.
- Genting: This bookie will give you a free bet of up to £25 if your first bet does not win. So if you place a £25 bet at Evens or higher and it bombs, you’ll get another £25 bet within 24 hours.
- BetVictor: Here, you’ll get a generous £30 in free bets (£20 to use on sports bets and £10 to use on selected games) from a qualifying bet of just £5. You can use the free bets on certain events at odds of Evens or higher within 7 days.
- Betfair: This bookie always does things a little differently. They’ll offer you up to £100 in free bets, but you’ll have to work a little harder for it. For every 5 bets of £10 or more at odds of 1/2 or higher, they’ll give you £20 in free bets. You can repeat up to 5 times to get the full £100.
How Does a No-deposit Free Bet Work?
Some operators offer UK free bets with no deposit required, and we bring you the best of no deposit bonuses and offers every day. These offers are usually applied to casino games and come in the form of free spins or credit; you may also find similar offers of sports sites. Although these bets are free, you may be required to wager a certain amount before you can withdraw any winnings. We take all these conditions into account when reviewing UK no-deposit free bet offers.
A good example of a no deposit free bet offer is the one currently offered by LeoVegas. All you have to do is sign up to get 10 free spins with no strings attached.
Free bets that you receive when signing up can be used across a range of sports from horse racing to darts. However, you may also see free bet offers for existing customers that are related to specific sports. For example, Betfred’s Football Acca Insurance will give you a free bet of up to £10 if one leg of your football accumulator (five-fold or more) lets you down. You may see similar offers from different bookies on football, horse racing and major US sports such as NFL.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Free Bet
When choosing a free bet offer, you need to make sure you understand the terms and conditions and are happy with them. You should check that the bets are available in your market of choice and that your qualifying bet meets the requirements such as minimum odds – otherwise, you will not receive your free bets. Once the free bets have been credited to your account, you’ll need to use them within a certain time period, or they will expire.
Many of the leading bookmakers have special offers for big events. A great example is the Cheltenham festival when you might get an enhanced free bet offer from one of the big hitters. Here are just a few examples:
- Paddy Power: A great choice for special offers on the big horse racing events. If you are thinking of downloading their app and registering, you might get a good deal during Cheltenham or Grand National weekend.
- Betfred: If football is your sport of choice, this bookmaker has regular free bet offers around the major events as well as enhanced offers for the UK domestic leagues. Their comprehensive app is available on all popular devices including the Apple Watch.
- Betfair: Another well-known name with a big reputation, Betfair’s easy-to-use app is well worth a download and they often run promotions attached to big horse racing events.
How To Use Free Bets?
UK Free bets are basically tokens that you can use to wager for free. Once they are credited to your account, you cannot withdraw them as cash, you can only use them to place bets under the conditions listed in the terms. To use the tokens, you simply pick a qualifying bet and choose your free bet token as the payment method. Just make sure you use them within the stated time limit.
You may be wondering “what’s the catch with a free bet?”, and you’d be right to ask, after all, nothing in life is free, right? Well, in this case, a free bet does actually live up to its name. Yes, you have to deposit some cash and make a bet first, but the bookmaker will give a free token to be used for betting once your first bet is settled.
Free bets with no deposit requirement usually have stricter conditions attached. It is important to understand these terms and decide if they are right for you. You should ask yourself if you are likely to meet the wagering requirements within the stated timescale before taking advantage of these promotions. For many casino players, they are a great option.
A standard free bet offer is risk-free to you if you are planning on opening an account and wagering with your own cash anyway. The free bet costs you nothing but you take all of the profit if it wins. Our websites lists all the benefits of each offer in a clear and simple way.