Choosing a UK Online Casino 2024: What to Look for and the Top 5 Casinos
Getting started at a UK online casino requires a little bit of research, given that there are so many sites to choose from.
Thanks to strong regulation from the UK Gambling Commission, legal and licensed sites in the UK offer safe and secure gaming opportunities, enabling you to play slots, table games, and live dealer games responsibly. But how do you choose the best site?
This article explains what you should look for in an online casino and introduces you to five of the best betting sites to play in 2024.
Top 5 UK Online Casinos in 2024: Key Highlights
|Best Online Feature
|Bet365 UK Casino
|Diverse Games, Generous Bonus
|Matched Bonus, Jackpots
|No-Deposit Free Spins
|Slots Focus, Great Bonuses
|Dream Vegas UK
|Top Live Casino, Big Bonus
What to look for in the best UK online casino?
- Bet365Bet365 Casino: Stake £10, Get 50 Bonus Spins. Promo Code “365GMBLR”18+, BeGambleAware.org.
The Bet365 sign up code is 365GMBLR . New customers only. Min deposit £10. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. The bonus code 365GMBLR can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way.Read Bet365 Review365GMBLR
- Rialto CasinoRialto Casino: 100% match bonus up to £300 + 200 free spins for slots18+, BeGambleAware.org.Read Rialto Casino ReviewWelcome bonus package on first 3 deposits 1st Dep. Min £20. USE CODE RIALTOGBMLR. Max bonus £100. 40x wagering (bonus & deposit). max bonus to cash 5x. Free Spins: 50 Free spins. 25x wagering. Max bonus to cash £25. Claim once. See full T&Cs for 2nd & full T&Cs for 3rd Deposit offers. Full T&Cs apply.RIALTOGMBLR
- Dream VegasDream Vegas Casino: 100% Deposit Bonus up to £300 + 150 Free Spins18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New players only. One offer per player. Max bonus bet £5. Offer: 100% bonus match on 1st deposit + bonus spins. Value of bonus & number of spins depend on deposit amount: £20-£100: max £100 bonus + 50 spins on selected games; £101-£200: max £200 bonus + 100 spins on selected games; or £200+: max £300 bonus + 150 spins on eligible NetEnt Games. Winnings from spins credited as bonus and capped at £100. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds contribute to wagering requirement. Bonus funds expire within 30 days; bonus spins within 72hrs. Affordability checks apply. Terms apply. Please gamble responsibly.Read Dream Vegas Review
- Spin RioSpin Rio Casino: Get up to £200 + 100 Free Spins18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New depositing UK players only. Min. deposit £10. max bonus of £200 in 3 deposits, valid 21 days, on selected slots; 35x wagering on the sum of deposit & bonus applies. Country Restrictions and Full T&Cs apply. Code: BGRIORead Spin Rio ReviewBGRIO
Choosing a UK online casino can be tough, as it’s a particularly crowded market with hundreds of casino sites vying for your attention.
Online casino gambling is legal in the UK, but to provide gambling services, a betting site must be licensed by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). This is crucial, as the UKGC ensures the site is fair via regulatory measures. If you play at an unlicensed site, you put your money at significant risk.
So, to help you identify the best UK online casino via your search, here are some key things you should always check before creating an account:
License and regulation
First and foremost, check that the UKGC licenses the site. You can usually find a site’s registration details in the footer of the homepage. Failing that, head to the UKGC website and search to see if your chosen site is licensed.
You might find that other jurisdictions, such as the Malta Gaming Authority or the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, license the site. Other licenses, such as Curacao, are okay, but they lack some strict regulatory procedures demanded by the UKGC.
The bottom line here is that if the site is not licensed, don’t sign up.
The best UK online casinos offer hundreds, if not thousands, of games. You can play blackjack, roulette, instant win games, high RTP slots and slingos. At the very least, the site that you sign up for should submit the following:
- Slots: Most of the casino’s library will consist of slot machine games. You should be able to find hundreds of games from various providers to keep things interesting as you spin the reels.
- Table games: Though not as prevalent as slots, RNG table games should also be a fixture in an online casino’s game library. Look for variants of roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and craps to ensure that you can enjoy casino classics at your chosen betting site.
- Live casino games: Live casino games are hosted by a real-life dealer, offering a truly engaging and exciting online casino experience. Check that the site offers live table games, live slots, and live gameshow titles before signing up.
- Other games: You can also check if the casino offers other casino games like keno, video poker, and even scratch cards. After all, the more games available, the better for you.
In addition to the casino’s game selection, you should consider which software studios are behind the games at the site. We advise you to search for games from the best providers in the business, including Playtech, Pragmatic Play, Hacksaw Gaming, and Microgaming. As for the live casino, check if the casino carries Evolution titles, as they tend to be the best.
The quality of a site’s welcome bonus is also important to think about. Welcome bonuses come in various forms and could offer a no-deposit bonus, a matched-deposit bonus, or even free spins to use on selected slot games. No matter the offer, you should read the terms and conditions carefully to know what to expect.
Importantly, regard how long you have to access the offer and check any actions you need to take (such as opting in or entering a promo code). Also, check the wagering requirements to see how much money you need to spend before withdrawing any bonus winnings. The lower the wagering requirements, the better the bonus is.
Further to the welcome bonus, the best UK online casinos offer excellent ongoing promotions that provide a bankroll boost as you play your favourite games. Again, these vary from site to site, and you might find free spins, cashback promotions, or reload bonuses when you deposit funds on specific days.
Helpfully, you can usually head to the promotions tab on the casino’s website to check the site’s ongoing bonus drop promos before signing up, which can help you decide about the site’s value.
A betting site’s payment terms are also important to consider. Specifically, think about the following:
- Payment options: Check which methods you can use to transact at the casino. Look for various payment methods like debit cards, bank transfers, Pay by Phone, e-wallets such as Skrill, Paypal, and crypto. Remember, you cannot gamble with a credit card in the UK.
- Payment speed: All deposits should be instant at UK casinos, but you need to check for the speed of withdrawals. We think it’s reasonable for a casino to take up to three days to process a payout – anything longer than this is a potential red flag.
- Payment fees: Most UK casinos don’t charge any fees for depositing or withdrawing funds. However, you should read the small print to ensure you’re not charged any fees when processing a payment.
- Payment limits: Finally, you should also check the payment limits at your chosen casino. Check the minimum and maximum that you can deposit and withdraw. At the same time, check the maximum amount you can win while playing casino games, as some sites offer higher max payouts than others.
Finally, consider the quality of the betting site’s customer support before signing up. Head to the contact page on the website to find out how to get in touch. You should be able to contact an agent via live chat and email, but the best sites also offer phone support.
We also recommend heading to a review site like Trustpilot to read verified reviews from players who have tried to contact customer support. This is a great way to find out the quality of the casino’s customer support team before signing up.
Five of the best UK online casinos in 2024
Now that you know what to look for in the best UK online casino, we’re pleased to recommend the following betting sites that tick all of the boxes:
Bet365 UK Casino: Best for general game variety
Play hundreds of slots, table games, and live dealer games at this industry-leading casino
- Industry-leading betting site with UKGC license
- Huge selection of slots, table games, and live dealer games
- Generous welcome bonus that includes bonus funds and free spins
Rialto Casino: Best for its matched deposit bonus
Enjoy a brilliant matched deposit bonus that gives you £300 in bonus funds to start.
- Get started with a £300 welcome bonus plus 200 free spins for slots
- Good selection of progressive jackpot slots, including Mega Moolah titles
- Excellent Ruby Rewards Club for ongoing promotions
888 Casino: Best for its no-deposit bonus
Create an account at 888 Casino and play slots with 88 free spins – no deposit required.
- Kickstart your gameplay with 88 free spins without making a deposit
- Wide selection of live casino titles from Evolution Gaming
- Brilliant poker offering
Spin Rio: Best for slot games
Spin the reels on a vast selection of slot games from all the leading iGaming studios.
- Hundreds of top-rated slots from leading studios like NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, and others
- Good welcome package that offers 100 free spins and £200 in bonus cash
- Extensive live casino offering powered by Evolution Gaming
Dream Vegas UK: Best for live casino games
Choose from 50+ live dealer games from studios like Evolution and Pragmatic Play.
- Get started with a 100% match bonus up to £300, plus 100 free spins
- Play more than 50 live casino games from Evolution, Pragmatic, and Authentic
- Enjoy regular promotions for table games and slots
Recap: Choosing the best UK online casino
So, there you have it – five of the best UK casinos in 2024. You can get started by following the links above to our recommended sites.
If you’re not ready to decide yet, remember our tips that reveal what to look for in an online casino before signing up.
Your safety matters when playing at online casinos, so make sure you choose sites that are licensed and regulated to avoid any issues when gambling online.