Want to bet on politics and think you can predict the outcome of the election? We have selected the best sites to place your bets and get bonus. You can, for example, place your online bet on the UK general election or next US president with enhanced odds and free bets. You can claim a welcome bonus when you open your new account and make a first deposit with the numerous betting sites offering politics odds and dozens of mearkets to choose from. Have a look at the list of the best-rated bookmakers offering odds on politics and the elections in 2022 and 2024.
Top Politics Betting Sites in the UK
- Bet365£50 in Bet CreditsTerms: 18+ New Customers Only. As a new bet365 sports betting customer, you can earn up to £50 Bet Credits (used as free bets) to use on sports of your choice. There is a minimum deposit of £10, and Bet Credits are made available when you settle your first bets made on site. To use Bet Credits, just select the option on your betting slip when you’re ready to gamble. Bet Credits must be used on selections at odds of 1/5 or higher. You can also use Credits in accumulators containing multiple outcomes. Read More365GMBLR
- CoralGet up to £20 in Free BetsNew sign-ups at Coral will receive £20 in free bets to use on any sportsbook product with their first deposit of £5 or more. Simply create an account, place a £5 bet on any sport at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater, and new customers will receive 4 x £5 free bets, valid for seven days after issue. Customers must be 18 or over. Full terms and conditions apply. Please gamble responsibly. begambleaware.org. Read MoreTBA
- William HillGet £30 in Free Bets18+. Play Safe. New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. Read MoreH30
UK Political Betting Markets Online
It’s perfectly legal to bet on politics at UK betting sites. Our top-rated bookmakers are all fully licenced in the United Kingdom and allow UK-based customers who are aged 18 or over. You can even gamble on politics through their mobile apps. And with more stats around than ever, it’s easier to find markets on everything from the winner of the next general election to the first round voting results in France. You can even bet on North Korea Specials North/South Korea Special / North and South Korea to reunify as a single sovereign state (odds by Paddy Power) or there are odds on the named leader to leave their elected position first Bet smart and earn a welcome bonus when you open your UK sportsbook account.
Political betting markets:
- British PoliticsView League
- US PoliticsView League
- European PoliticsView League
- BrexitView League
- Irish PoliticsView League
- Australian PoliticsView League
- World Politics (Russia, Brazil, USA, France, Germany and more local elections)
UK General Election Betting
The general election takes place every five years under the rules of the Fixed Term Parliamentary Act. That gives you plenty of time to bet outright on the winner of the upcoming election.
All good UK bookmakers that offer political betting will run a variety of markets on the night. Back the party who will win, the name of the next UK Prime Minister, or whether there will be a hung parliament or party majority.
You can also bet on more specific results relating to number of seats. There are 650 constituencies to fight for on election night, and you can bet on the range of seats won by the big three parties.
Feature bets on election:
- Outright winner
- Overall majority (Conservatives, Lib Dems, Labour)
- Most seats
- Individual seat winners
UK Politics Betting
Political betting in the UK isn’t just about the general election. You’ll find odds throughout the year on the next party leaders or identity of the next PM. For large contests like the London Mayoral election, you can sometimes get boosted odds if you’re a new customer.
Big voting events like the local elections are also popular. Bet on the number of seats lost or won by the ruling party or back the winner of the big by-election.
- Next Prime Minister
- Next Leader of Opposition
- Next Liberal Democrats leader
- Next London Mayor
- Local/Council elections winners
- By-election winners
- Scottish Referendum/Independence
US Presidential Election
Most top UK betting sites also allow bets on the US election in 2024. Back the winner of the presidential election or the winning party. You can also find odds on the running mates, the final vice president, or the number of states to turn blue or red.
Odds to win US Presidential Election in 2024
Other Overseas Political Markets & Odds
Foreign elections can also be popular at the biggest betting sites. Major federal elections will usually carry markets, mostly focussed around winner, next permanent party leader, or state-by-state winners. You can also bet on the year of the next election in countries that have more volatile political situations.
EU betting can also be found at some UK bookmakers. And with so many countries involved, there is scope for more markets. Bet on the next country to follow the UK and leave the EU, or bet on the winning party in the upcoming French election.
In countries like France, which have multiple voting rounds for their presidential elections, you can bet on the first or second round share of the vote.
Political Betting Tips & Predictions
Tipping the winners of general elections can be tough. Voting patterns can be hard to work out, and the bookies often get it wrong.
Watch out for the polls. These have been notoriously unreliable in predicting elections in recent years. For instance, at one point in 2016, a Yes vote for the EU Referendum was a 6/1 shot. Similarly, Donald Trump was a rank outsider in his bid to win the 2016 US Presidential election.
However, some polling sites and political tipsters are good to follow in the run-up to big political events.
- Political Gambler: Election predictions, analysis, and tips on UK and US politics.
- Betfair: Full articles, tips, odds comparison, and analysis on UK and global politics.
- PaddyPower: Analysis and insight into UK, Irish, and US political betting.
- Predictit & Political Betting Odds: two sites with useful betting stats and political commentaries
Politics Betting Offers & Promotions
- 100% New customer offer – bet365 UK
- Politics specials bonus offer – Paddy Power
- Enhanced odds by William Hill
- Boosted odds promotion – Ladbrokes
Many of the biggest UK betting sites often run special deals for big elections and political events. Typically, the bookies will offer boosted odds or a sign up offer on specific betting markets like Next President or a Prime Minister if you’re a new customer. To take advantage, open your account and sign up using the special bonus code. There may be a strict maximum betting limit, but it can be a good way of making money on the dead cert.