Unleash the power of sports spread betting with our recommended gambling sites. Bet on thousands of markets like football, cricket, or golf and get rewarded the more right you are! You can even claim a spread bet bonus when you open your account as a new customer (get free spread bets) or claim daily loyalty promotions. The spread betting and odds trading (sell/buy) is legal in the UK and Ireland for all 18+ players.
TOP Spread Betting Sites
- Spreadex UK – best in 2021
- IG Index
- City Index
- FX Pro Spread Betting
Spreadex is the most popular and top-rated spread betting website.
What is Spread Betting?
Spread betting is a popular alternative to traditional fixed odds betting. In two words, in spread betting, you are rewarded the more right you are. If your prediction comes good, you can earn some serious profits. The downside is that you can rack up losses the more wrong you are.
How does spread sports betting work?
In a spread market, the betting site will take a position on a game. For example, the total runs in an England v Australia cricket ODI will be 420-430. You can either “sell” that position and guess lower than 420, or “buy” and go higher than 430.
You then choose a stake per point and wait for the game to start. Imagine you sold at £10 a point and the game ended with 300 runs. You would win 120 x £10, or £1,200.
During a game, when the score changes, the spread may move in real time. So, if our game is high-scoring the betting site may move the spread halfway through to 460-470.
If you started out by buying at 430 at £10 a run, you can now sell at 460 and make an instant £30 profit before the game has even finished!
You can also cut your losses by closing out your position and taking a hit. If you sold at 420 but the game looks like being high-scoring, you can then buy at the higher spread and absorb some losses.
Try this interactive widget and learn how sports spread betting works for a theoretical £10 bet on different football markets.
The definition of spread betting is also given by Investopedia here: investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/082113/what-spread-betting.asp
Popular Sport Spread Betting Markets
The beauty of sports spread betting is that you can find markets on all sorts of sports.
- Football spreads are among the most popular markets. Buy Total Goals or sell on Total Goal Minutes if you suspect a low-scoring game. You can also go high or low on Total Corners, First Goal Minute, or even an individual player’s goal minutes. Place spread bets on Corners, Goal Times, Player Goal Minutes, Shirt Numbers, Match Performance and more.
- With so many different variables, cricket spread betting is massively popular. An opening batsman may score a double hundred or be out for a duck. A team may be skittled out for 50 or go on to make 500. The volatility of cricket makes it a hit with spread bettors. Bet on Runs, Bowler Performance, Fall of Next Wicket, Player Performance, Wides, 4s, 6s and much more.
- Horse Racing
- Horse racing is growing in popularity as a spread betting market. You can buy or sell a horse’s winning distance or buy/sell the total winning distances of all races at a course. You can also buy and sell a jockey’s performance based on points scored for their finishes that day. You can bet on Winning Distances, Favourites, SPs, Jockey Performance, Double Numbers, Match Bets and more.
Other Sports Available for Spread Betting
The best spread betting firms will offer markets on plenty of alternative sports. Games include:
- American Football
- F1 Races
Spread Betting Promotions & Offers
- 2 x Free £5 football Spread Bets at Spreadex
- Welcome Deposit Match Bonus
- First Scorer Fixed Odds Bet – fixed odds promo
- Spread Free Bets & Supremacy Spread Bet bonus
- CASHBACK Offers on Selected Spread Bet Markets
- Insurance Bonuses
Online sports spread betting isn’t for the faint-hearted. The volatility can be huge but there are rewards for the brave gambler. Plus, customers can claim a host of exciting bonuses and offers when they open their account with one of the best and most popular Spreadex bookmaker in 2021/2022. Place qualifying spread bets to receive free cashback in their accounts or a free gift. Choose a top sports spread betting site licensed in the UK today and get your account off to a flying start.