Several bookmakers provide generous free bets and betting welcome offers on horse racing sites in the UK. Here are some of the best:
5 Best Horse Betting Offers for UK in 2023
- Bet365: Offers up to £30 in free bets with code 365GMBLR for new UK horse betting customers. Conditions apply, such as minimum deposit requirements and exclusions on certain betting methods.
- SBK Sportsbook: Offers £30 in free bets using the promo code BRITISHG30. This offer is only available for new UK customers making a minimum first deposit of £10 using a Debit Card or Trustly.
- Betfred: Provides a welcome bonus for horse racing bets where if you bet £10, you get £40 in bonuses. The offer is for UK customers only and requires registration using the promo code WELCOME40.
- Mr Play Horse Racing Offer for UK: New players can get £15 in free bets after a minimum deposit of £10. Bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement.
- Hopa Sport: New Hopa Sports customers can get a £10 free bet bonus after a minimum deposit and wagering on sport of £10.
Find the best websites to bet on horse races in the UK. All selected horse betting online sites for 2023 will offer top odds, good customer support service, promotions and free bets. The bet365, 10bet, Grosvenor and BoyleSports are among the best in UK horse race bet operators offering the most generous sign up bonuses.
Sign up Bonuses and Promos
|Bookmaker||Horse Racing Offer (2023)|
|Betfred||Bet £10 and get £40 in free bets|
|Grosvenor||Double the Odds up to £10|
|Bet365||£30 Bet Credits (Code: 365GMBLR)|
|10bet||Get a 50% matched bonus up to £50|
|SBK||£30 in Free Bet (Code: BRITISHG30)|
The most popular offer to attract new horse racing betting sites customers is free bets – the so called ‘bet and get’ – where you open your account and place your first bet before the gambling firm gives you a number of free bets up to a certain cash value. These free bets normally range from £20 up to £50 but can be higher, and always remember restrictions usually apply to the free bets, such as a time limit on when you must place them, and the stake typically not being included in winning returns.
- BetfredBetfred Horse Racing Bonus: Bet £10 and get £40 in bonuses18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40 via the Link, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply.Read Betfred ReviewWELCOME40
- GrosvenorGrosvenor Horse Racing Bonus: Double the Odds up to £1018+, BeGambleAware.org.
Only valid for new registrations to www.grosvenorcasinos.com. Existing members do not qualify. Bet must be placed using real money in combination with the Odds Boost Token. Offer applies to Sport bets only. Maximum total stake is £10. Each way bets are a maximum of £5 each way (£10 total stake). If you stake less than £10 you will forfeit the remaining amount of the odds boost token.Read Grosvenor Review
- Bet365bet365 Horse Racing Bonus: £30 Bet Credits. Use code 365GMBLR18+, BeGambleAware.org.
New bet365 sports customers can get up to £30 in bet credit matched to their first deposit of £10 or more. To qualify, a bet must be placed on sports matching the initial deposit and contain at least one selection at odds of at least 1/5 (1.20). Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits, payment method exclusions and T&Cs apply.Read Bet365 Review365GMBLR
- 10bet10bet Horse Racing Offer: Get a 50% matched bonus up to £5018+, BeGambleAware.org.
New bettors get 50% of deposit up to £50; Once per household; Min deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Wager a total of 8 times deposit + bonus, with max qualifying bet stake equal to your initial bonus amount; Bonus expires after 60 days; Min odds of 4/5 on singles, or 2/5 per leg for acca; Some bet types excluded; See full terms.Read 10bet Review
- SBKSBK Bonus: £30 in Free Bet. Promo Code BRITISHG3018+, BeGambleAware.org.New UK customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card or Trustly. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5. Free bets expire in 90 days. Full T&Cs apply.Read SBK ReviewBRITISHG30
- Bet365bet365 Horse Racing Bonus: £30 Bet Credits. Use code 365GMBLR. T&Cs apply.
- BetfredBetfred Horse Racing Bonus: Bet £10 and get £40 in free bets. UK new customers only. T&Cs apply.
- LadbrokesGet £20 in Free Bets when you stake £5 on Horse Racing! T&Cs apply.
- Mr PlayBet £10 Get £10 Bet Token. Bonus T&Cs apply.
- SBKBest Odds. Bet £10 Get £10 in Free Bets.
Bet365 offers new customers £30 in free bets after betting an initial £10 – once you’ve deposited £10 and placed bets up to that value, the free bets are released. The site also offers horse racing punters the chance of free bets if they get a winner on races televised by ITV: place a winning bet on a horse at odds of 4/1 or more on a televised race, and if your next bet on a televised race loses (same stake, up to £30), bet365 will refund your stake. If you keep winning, they’ll keep giving free bets!
For punters who like an each-way bet, this horse betting site also offers each way extra, giving you the chance to increase the number of places the site pays out on. The odds are reduced as the number of paid places increases, but you can place an each-way bet for your horse to finish in the top six or seven, or even further down the field for the big handicap races; you can also reduce the number of places to increase the odds on your each-way selection. Like many other sites, bet365 has live streaming and in-play odds, so if you spot a horse that’s still in first gear while the others are flat out, you can place a bet during the race.
Another site offering great bonuses for new customers is 10bet – you can get 100 per cent of your first deposit (up to £50) when you sign up with them. During particular festival weeks such as Royal Ascot, Cheltenham or the Grand National, 10bet typically offers bonuses like a free bet if your horse finished second on selected races, and free bets when you wager a certain amount each day of the festival. The site also offers promotions such as a free bet if your horse loses by a neck or less and a free bet once a week for customers, up to a value of £20, if you pick a winner at odds of 3/1 or more – bet £10 or more on a single horse to win and get a free bet to the same value, up to £20, if it comes in.
Another big name in the racing world, Coral, also has a range of offers for new customers, including Coral’s free £20 bet when you open your account and make your first £5 wager – bet £5, get a free £20 bet that must be used within seven days. Coral also has free bets at selected meetings if your horse is beaten by a length or less: bet up to £10 on a horse and if it loses by a length or less, get a free bet to the same value.
Among the gambling firms offering bonuses for new customers is Betfred, with £30 in free bets when you open an account and place your first £10 bet at odds of evens or greater. Among the other horse racing offers, Betfred offers a free bet if your horse finishes second in selected races, matching your losing bet up to a maximum of £10.
SBK is another site offering £30 in free bets for new customers after they have made an initial £10 deposit into their account.
Some of the most popular horse racing betting websites in the UK, along with some of the newest horse bet apps, have a range of promotions on horse race betting on top of the free bets for opening an account, with one of the most famous names in gambling, bet365, among those offering bonuses for new and existing loyal customers. So, looking for the best betting bonuses for Royal Ascot or Cheltenham Festival? From free bets to enhanced places, you’ll find some great deals at the biggest and best bookies online and horse racing apps.
Price Promise From bet365 Horse Racing
Imagine this: You’re excited about a thrilling week of UK horse racing events broadcast live on ITV Racing. As a punter, you know that with bet365’s incredible offers, they guarantee unbeatable prices.
Bet365 continuously adjusts their rates for all UK and Irish races showcased live on ITV Racing, ensuring the best possible price on every participating horse.
This offer applies to all bets placed from 10am on the day of the race until 15 minutes before each ITV race’s scheduled start time. It only pertains to races broadcast live on ITV Racing, unless bet365 states otherwise. US racing is not included. bet365 guarantees to match or better the prices offered by bookmakers such as Ladbrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power, Coral, Sky Bet, and Boylesports. This offer is valid for bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets only. All other markets, including Enhanced Price Win Only, Enhanced or adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra) markets priced separately from the Fixed Odds market, and Tote/Pari-Mutuel/Colossus (bets and dividends) are excluded from this offer. Races covered by Price Promise are also eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed, for new and eligible customers.
Types of the most popular bonuses for horse bets
All UK online bookmakers with horse racing odds and markets offer some sort of promotion for new customers interested in placing bets on the big races like Cheltenham, Royal Ascot and more. You might start off with a welcome bonus and free bets before moving on to regular acca boosts and much more. Many horse racing promotions, such as Best Odds Guaranteed, are commonplace across most online bookies.
- Horse Betting Welcome Bonus: All of our top-rated UK bookmaker sites offer a special welcome bonus when you open your account. Just fill in the registration form and make a first deposit in order to receive free bets to use on races of your choice. You can even use your wagers on greyhound races, where available.
- Some online bookmakers also provide a deposit match bonus. Sign up and make your first deposit, and the bookie will match it 100% with bonus funds. You can then use your funds to bet on qualifying horse races of your choice. Any winnings you manage to accrue can then be wagered once or twice before being withdrawn.
- Free Bets: This promo deal is normally offered as part of a racing welcome bonus or as a retention promotion to reward loyal customers. You’ll also be able to claim free bet offers during big festivals such as Cheltenham or the Derby. You can use your free bets on any race as long as the minimum odds meet the terms and conditions. You may also be able to use free bets on accumulators including multiple horse race picks. Imagine you receive £20 in free bets after making a qualifying deposit of £10. You can use your bets on win odds of 1/2 or greater. Alternatively, place free bets on each-way odds of 1/1 or higher. If your free bet wins, you can unlock your winnings as long as you wager them further on other horse racing events. The typical wagering requirement is 1x to 2x.
- Extra Places Paid: In each-way horse racing bets, you win a percentage payout if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th. In many selected meets, the bookmaker will pay down to 5th, 6th or more, depending on the race. For instance, an each-way market paying 1/4 odds for 1-2-3 may be enhanced to 1/5 odds 1-2-3-4.
- Special Early Prices: Early prices can often be better in the run-up to the big race. Some bookies offer specially enhanced odds if you take the price early in the morning.
- Best Odds Guaranteed: This promotion offered across the board at UK online horse betting sites. You can opt to take an early price, and if the SP (Starting Price) is bigger, the bookie will honour the larger odds on a particular race.
- Money Back: Free bets aren’t just offered during major events. You can also claim free bets if something goes wrong in your race. The best online bookmakers will award refunds in the form of free bets if you back the favourite and it’s beaten by a head or length.
- Acca Boosts are special bonuses where you are rewarded for your winning combo bets. The more winners you back in your acca, the bigger your bonus. You might get a 4% boost on 4-leg winning accas, or as much as 70-80% for accas containing 14+ legs. Acca boosts can also apply to win or each-way accas.
- Live Racing Specials: Many of the best online bookies sites stream races live on their sites. To tie in with the live racing, you can often claim free bets if you back a winner at 3/1 or 4/1 in one of the televised races.
- Price Boosts: As well as special early prices, most bookies also offer enhanced odds on select races. Just open the racing tab to see which favourites or long shots have been given odds boosts.
- Price Promise From bet365 Horse Racing: Imagine this: You’re excited about a thrilling week of UK horse racing events broadcast live on ITV Racing. As a punter, you know that with bet365’s incredible offers, they guarantee unbeatable prices. This offer applies to all bets placed from 10am on the day of the race until 15 minutes before each ITV race’s scheduled start time. It only pertains to races broadcast live on ITV Racing, unless bet365 states otherwise. US racing is not included. bet365 guarantees to match or better the prices offered by bookmakers such as Ladbrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power, Coral, Sky Bet, and Boylesports. This offer is valid for bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets only. All other markets, including Enhanced Price Win Only, Enhanced or adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra) markets priced separately from the Fixed Odds market, and Tote/Pari-Mutuel/Colossus (bets and dividends) are excluded from this offer. Races covered by Price Promise are also eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed, for new and eligible customers.
Betting On Horse Racing Online
When it comes to the best horse racing betting sites the UK has to offer you, the major players are sites like Paddy Power, who provide regular specials and promotions on all major horse racing, and even have a Rewards Club that gives regular punters bonuses on a weekly basis.
Their sister site, Betfair, also operates both a Sportsbook and Exchange betting service, so you can take fixed odds horse racing prices and lay the ones you don’t fancy when taking on fellow punters at the same time.
Furthermore, William Hill allows you to boost the odds of three horses of your choosing each day on their sportsbook. Bet365 are another popular service provider, and they are often the first of the online horse betting sites in the UK to price up races following final declarations. Similarly, Betfred and SportNation have plenty of betting bonuses relating to horse racing, especially if you like placing system and combination wagers.
For horse racing followers in the UK looking to open a new betting account, there are a host of bonus offers and free bet promotions available, so it is always best to shop around. Along with the usual extra places on particular races and odds’ boosters, the horse racing betting websites regularly come up with new incentives to grab your attention, and your custom! In the UK you have a huge number of races to bet on.
Remember to claim your welcome offers when registering your betting account with bet365, for example.
- Cheltenham Festival (March)
- Grand National at Aintree (April)
- Newmarket Guineas Festival (April/May)
- The Derby at Epsom (June)
- Royal Ascot (June)
- Glorious Goodwood (July/August)
- York Ebor Festival (August)
- Doncaster St Leger Festival (September)
- British Champions Day at Ascot (October)
- Newbury Winter Carnival (November)
- Kempton Christmas Festival (December)
Common Types of Horse Racing Bets
There are many types of bet available to you on horse racing betting sites in the UK compared to American horse betting platforms. For example, win bets keep it simple, which is where you bet on which horse will win the race.
Whereas, there are more complicated bets types, such as a forecast bet – where you back two horses in the same race, one to finish first and the other second in a set order.
These bets operate as two wagers in one, to cover either order. Somewhat similarly, a double bet is where you wager on two horses again, but in different races. Both must win for the bet to pay and their odds are multiplied together.
Each-Way bets are where you back a horse both to win and fill a place as two wagers in one, and a place bet allows you to bet on a horse to finish placed. Note the precise terms vary depending on the type of race and number of runners.
Finally, probably the most interesting type of bet available, a without the favourite bet means you wager on which horse would win if the favourite wasn’t racing. This bet pays out to you if your horse wins or comes second to the favourite. Try NetBet horse.
What Are the Best Horse Racing Tracks in the UK?
Among many racecourses for which online horse betting sites in the UK offer you can bet from, these are widely considered the best. Each hosts a Group 1 Flat race and/or Grade 1 National Hunt race:
- Aintree, home of the Grand National.
- Ascot, of Royal Ascot fame.
- Cheltenham, the home of British National Hunt horse racing.
- Chepstow, where the Finale Juvenile Hurdle and Welsh Grand National are run.
- Doncaster, site of the St Leger.
- Goodwood, where the Glorious meeting takes place.
- Epsom Downs, home of The Oaks and The Derby.
- Haydock Park, site of the Sprint Cup and Betfair Chase.
- Kempton Park, home of the King George VI Chase.
- Newbury, where the Ladbrokes Trophy and Lockinge Stakes take place.
- Newcastle, site of the Fighting Fifth Hurdle and Northumberland Plate.
- Newmarket, the headquarters of British Flat horse racing.
- Sandown Park, where the Eclipse Stakes and Tingle Creek Chase are run.
- York, home of the Juddmonte International and Nunthorpe Stakes.
Good luck betting horses!
UK Online Horse Betting FAQs
Yes! Whether you’re a new customer or a regular punter, you’ll be able to claim free bets at the top bookmakers to use on the big race.
In a big race such as the Grand National, many online bookies will pay each way down to 6th or 7th place instead of the usual 4th/5
The top bookies may offer a free bet if your horse doesn’t finish the Grand National. Always check the free bet terms before you opt-in.
The Grand National is one of Britain’s biggest and most famous horse racing event. It’s been run since the 1800s at its Aintree home near Liverpool. Forty horses are required to jump a series of hurdles and water obstacles across a grueling 4 miles 2½ furlongs.
When choosing a free bets offer, consider the minimum deposit required, the expiry date of the free bets, and the minimum odds for qualifying bets. Most free bets offers come with wagering requirements. This usually means you must bet the bonus amount a certain number of times before you can withdraw any winnings.
To claim these free bets offers, you typically need to sign up as a new customer with the bookmaker, make a qualifying deposit, and place a bet. The specifics vary by bookmaker, so make sure to read the terms and conditions. Can existing customers also avail of these offers? While some offers are for new customers only, bookmakers often have promotions and free bets offers for existing customers as well, particularly around big racing events. Always check the promotion’s terms and conditions.