Get Free Sports Betting App for UK 2021-2022
- Bet365£100 in bet creditsTBA
- Unibet£50 Welcome Bonus OfferTBA
- William Hill£30 in free betsP30
With so many sports betting apps available, it’s never been easier to place a bet.
But how do you find the right UK sports betting app for you?
Luckily, British Gambler does the hard work for you so you can focus on wagering on your favourite sports. We test and review all the UK’s best sports betting apps for Android and iOS phones to make it easy for you to make the right choice.
There are many key features that you might look for in UK sports betting apps, and British Gambler takes these into account when making our recommendations.
What is the Best UK Sports Betting App?
- bet365 Sports UK – This particular betting app offers a range of payment options to suit your needs because when you are wagering, you don’t want to waste too much time getting funds in or out of your account. These options range from bank transfers and debit/credit cards to digital wallets and pre-paid cards.
- BetVictor – An app with great user interface that allows sports betting on the go and in just a few clicks, without freezing or crashing. This is a must for the modern bettor.
- Coral Sports Betting App– For fans who like to react to the action unfolding or predict an event during play, this betting app offers in-play, live sports betting options on sports events across the globe to give UK punters extra flexibility.
- Betfair – A popular app for betting, this gives punters the cash-out option which has been hailed as one of the great sports betting innovations and is a must for any reputable sports wagering app.
- PaddyPower UK – This sports betting app will allow you to wager on novelty events and non-sporting topics such as politics. They will even give you an option to request odds on events not listed.
Many brands offer mobile betting apps these days and this is perhaps not that surprising considering just how vital smartphones and tablets have become in our daily lives. It is hard to say which betting apps are truly the best, but these three sports betting brands offer mobile betting services that are well worth exploring.
Another leading UK betting provider, bet365’s mobile betting app contains plenty of features. For instance, the brand states that users can stream thousands of events every year on mobile and tablet via the platform.
Whether you are an Apple fan or an Android enthusiast, the Betfair Sports Betting is a strong option for tracking the latest odds. The mobile betting app includes in-play options and also has streaming features.
888 Sport App
888 Sport describes its iOS and Android-friendly app as the number one destination for UK mobile sports betting. The site includes a range of betting features and also offers fingerprint touch and facial recognition ID for fast log-ins.
Bet Types Supported by Mobile Sportsbooks
Betting is not just about who wins or loses. You can now bet on everything from who will take the next thrown-in in a football match to who will serve the next double fault in a tennis game.
- The most popular bets are some of the more traditional such as match winner, correct score, and first goal scorer.
- Betting on the total number of goals in a football match or backing both teams to score are also very popular.
- In horse racing, winner and each-way bets remain the most popular along with forecast bets where the final order of a set of selections is predicted.
- Multiple bets and accumulators where predictions of two or more events are combined in a single bet are also popular.
Sports betting is hugely popular in the UK and there are more ways to wager than ever before. But what sports do UK punters like you love the most?
Football dominates sporting coverage in the UK and it’s no surprise that it’s one of your favourite sports to bet on. Premier League and domestic cup matches are the most common but other leagues from around the world are becoming increasingly popular. This gives you an even greater chance of finding the best value bets, and with the top UK betting apps, you can wager any time, from wherever you are.
Horse racing is synonymous with wagering with a staggering number of races staged each year. Mobile sports betting apps have made it easier than ever for you to wager on racing events from across the globe. Other popular sports include tennis, golf and US sports such as American football and basketball.
Accepted Payment Methods on Betting Apps
Most UK sports betting sites will offer you standard payment methods including bank transfers and debit or credit cards, and that’s fine – but some customers demand even more flexibility. If that’s you, then our list of recommended mobile apps for betting will save you from shopping around.
Our top-rated betting apps offer alternative payment methods such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and other digital payment systems, with some even accepting certain cryptocurrencies.
How Do You Open a Betting App Account?
Opening an account is simple once you have downloaded and installed your mobile betting app of choice. You simply hit the register button and follow the steps which include filling out your name, address, date of birth, email, and phone number. You’ll also have to provide a user ID and password. At some point you will also be asked to upload a copy of your ID for verification – this is standard practice in all apps for betting due to current regulations. Once registration is complete, you can add funds via your preferred deposit method and start sports betting.
What about betting app promotions?
Betting promotions have become a big deal recently. If you are a new customer, you will almost certainly be offered a bonus just for signing up for a new UK sports betting app. This could mean cash offers, free bets, or enhanced odds. However, not all offers are equal and there can be strings attached. That’s why we give you the lowdown on who’s got the best deals for new and existing punters.
Milestone sporting events always prompt a flurry of extra sports betting activity. In the UK, big horse races such as the Grand National at Aintree and the Cheltenham Gold Cup often attract wagers from people who don’t bet the rest of the year. Key events such as Wimbledon, the FA Cup, and major boxing bouts are also popular.
Most major sports betting apps are available on popular devices such as smartphones and tablets running iOS and Android operating systems.
We test, review and update our list on a regular basis to help you choose the best app for your requirements.
You can choose to open multiple betting accounts, it’s really up to you. Some bettors choose to do so to ensure they find the best odds for every bet they place.
10 Best Mobile Betting Apps in 2021/2022
|Sports App||Betting Features||(iOS/Android)||Bonus|
|bet365 Sports||Live streaming, Push Notifications, Bet Builder, Cash Out, Edit Bet, Personalised Alerts, My Horses updates||iOS (download); Android (download)||Deposit £5, get £100|
|Betway App||Free Bet Club, Betway Boosts, eSports Objectives||iOS (download); Android (download)||Deposit £10, get £30|
|BetRegal App||BR-Bot tipping service, Push Notifications||iOS (no-download); Android (no-download)||Bet £10, get £10|
|Ladbrokes||Live streaming, Push Notifications||iOS (no-download); Android (no-download)||Bet £5, get £20|
|PaddyPower||Automatic logout, Apple Pay deposits||iOS (download); Android (download)||5x £10 free bets / £10 Risk-Free bet|
|William Hill||Live streaming, in-play scoreboards, mobile Cash Out, #YourOdds betting, Top Bets widget||iOS (download); Android (no-download)||Bet £10, get £30|
|SportNation||Boku mobile payments, enhanced odds||iOS (no-download); Android (no-download)||£20 free bet|
|10bet Sports||Price Boosts||iOS (no-download); Android (no-download)||£5 free bet|
|Karamba||Zimpler mobile deposits, KaramBot tipping service||iOS (no-download); Android (no-download)||£10 free bet|
|Bethard Bookmaker||Siru mobile deposits, Cash Out||iOS (no-download); Android (no-download)||Bet £100, get £5|
It’s now easier than ever to place sports bets on your UK smartphone. Mobile betting apps are perfectly legal in the UK if you are over 18. You can bet on hundreds of markets at sites licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. The best UK sportsbooks even offer dedicated apps for download.
It’s important to get it right when you bet on your phone. You need to choose the most reputable sites with competitive odds and deals all year round. Let’s explore the world of mobile betting in the UK a little closer.
Discover the top sports betting apps for iOS and Android:
- Download solid native betting apps for tablet or smartphone
- Find competitive odds on sports like football, cricket, and golf
- Earn a welcome bonus or free bets when you sign up
How to Find the Best Mobile Sports Betting Apps
Every good sportsbook in 2021/2022 now has a dedicated app. Apps are specially designed to work on your touch-screen device. The lobby and bet slips are adapted to make them easy to use, and you can filter your favourite sports with a single swipe. You can even make quick deposits using a standard mobile phone bill.
This is what we look for when we recommend the top UK sports betting apps today.
- Good Smartphone Compatibility: The best mobile sportsbooks work on both Apple/iOS and Android devices. So, whether you’ve got the latest Samsung smartphone or are still using your old iPhone, there’s an app for you.
- Great Range of Markets and Sports: Top mobile sportsbooks give you access to the most popular sports like football, rugby and golf. You can bet in-play on tennis or football or watch live streams of the day’s races.
- Big Offers Like Cashback and Free Bets: Sportsbooks are only as good as their bonus promotions. Sports betting sites offer free bets to new players or match your first deposit. You can sometimes find exclusive deals just for mobile bettors.
- Fast Deposits & Withdrawals on Your Phone: You can make instant deposits on the move with your phone. Use card details or an e-Wallet address, or use a mobile bill payment option like Boku.
- Helpful Customer Support 24/7: Got a problem? The best sites offer 24-hour customer service by live chat, phone, or email.
There are now over 80 million mobile phones in the UK, but not all are powerful enough to run sportsbook apps. It’s important you have the right device if you want to avoid any issues.
UK sportsbook apps work on most iOS and Android devices. iOS apps can be downloaded direct from the App Store or sportsbook. You can also log in through your Safari browser.
The Google Play Store does have some sports betting apps but in general you will have to download the software direct from the bookmaker. Alternatively, you can log in to the bookmaker’s website via your Chrome browser and place bets that way.
iOS (Apple): iOS8+
Android: Android 4.4.2+
Native apps are usually reserved for iOS and Android users only. Other devices will have to use the sportsbook website. No-download sportsbook sites are reliable but a native app will always offer better performance.
It’s important too to have a good internet or Wi-Fi connection when you gamble on your mobile. Not all devices offer the same reliable and stable web connections. If you are making a lot of in-play bets, for example, it’s good to have solid internet while you gamble.
Unearth a Great UK Mobile Sportsbook Today
The power of mobile phones and tablets in 2021 makes betting on the move so easy. We have the best selection of mobile sportsbook apps in the UK just for you. Read our reviews and download a betting app today.