Which Are the Top Horse Betting Sites in the UK?
- Betway UK
- bet365 Horse Betting
- William Hill Site
- Paddy Power
- BoyleSports / best odds
When it comes to the best horse racing betting sites the UK has to offer you, the major players are sites like Paddy Power, who provide regular specials and promotions on all major horse racing, and even have a Rewards Club that gives regular punters bonuses on a weekly basis. Their sister site, Betfair, also operates both a Sportsbook and Exchange betting service, so you can take fixed odds horse racing prices and lay the ones you don’t fancy when taking on fellow punters at the same time.
Furthermore, William Hill allows you to boost the odds of three horses of your choosing each day on their sportsbook. Bet365 are another popular service provider, and they are often the first of the online horse betting sites in the UK to price up races following final declarations. Similarly, Betfred have plenty of betting bonuses relating to horse racing, especially if you like placing system and combination wagers.
What Are the Best Mobile Apps for Horse Betting in the UK?
Besides top UK online horse betting platforms, you can wager on the races through these mobile apps for Apple and Android devices:
- 888Sport really embraces technology with its app letting you bet and watch horse racing with its seamless service.
- Bet365 puts UK online horse betting and international markets all together through their excellent app.
- Betway makes it quick and easy for you to place your horse racing wagers on their mobile platforms.
Most Popular Horse Betting Promotions in the UK
One thing that you will find all online horse betting sites in the UK have in common are offers and promotions. For example, welcome bonuses are awarded when you sign up, make a deposit, and place qualifying bets, and money back deals are especially useful if your horse finishes second at selected race meetings or the SP favourite.
Best Odds Guaranteed offers have you covered on the day of a race, so you don’t miss out on a bigger starting price (SP). There are also extra place races, where fourth, fifth, and even sixth place pays out on any each-way wagers you make.
The Major UK Horse Betting Events People Bet On Online
You will find there are several big events covered by UK online horse betting sites. These are the sport’s annual highlights in chronological order:
- Cheltenham Festival (March)
- Grand National at Aintree (April)
- Newmarket Guineas Festival (April/May)
- The Derby at Epsom (June)
- Royal Ascot (June)
- Glorious Goodwood (July/August)
- York Ebor Festival (August)
- Doncaster St Leger Festival (September)
- British Champions Day at Ascot (October)
- Newbury Winter Carnival (November)
- Kempton Christmas Festival (December)
Common Types of Horse Racing Bets in the UK
There are many types of bet available to you on horse racing betting sites in the UK. For example, win bets keep it simple, which is where you bet on which horse will win the race. Whereas, there are more complicated bets types, such as a forecast bet – where you back two horses in the same race, one to finish first and the other second in a set order. These bets operate as two wagers in one, to cover either order. Somewhat similarly, a double bet is where you wager on two horses again, but in different races. Both must win for the bet to pay and their odds are multiplied together.
Each-Way bets are where you back a horse both to win and fill a place as two wagers in one, and a place bet allows you to bet on a horse to finish placed. Note the precise terms vary depending on the type of race and number of runners.
Finally, probably the most interesting type of bet available, a without the favourite bet means you wager on which horse would win if the favourite wasn’t racing. This bet pays out to you if your horse wins or comes second to the favourite.
What Are the Best Horse Racing Tracks in the UK?
Among many racecourses for which online horse betting sites in the UK offer you can bet from, these are widely considered the best. Each hosts a Group 1 Flat race and/or Grade 1 National Hunt race:
- Aintree, home of the Grand National.
- Ascot, of Royal Ascot fame.
- Cheltenham, the home of British National Hunt horse racing.
- Chepstow, where the Finale Juvenile Hurdle and Welsh Grand National are run.
- Doncaster, site of the St Leger.
- Goodwood, where the Glorious meeting takes place.
- Epsom Downs, home of The Oaks and The Derby.
- Haydock Park, site of the Sprint Cup and Betfair Chase.
- Kempton Park, home of the King George VI Chase.
- Newbury, where the Ladbrokes Trophy and Lockinge Stakes take place.
- Newcastle, site of the Fighting Fifth Hurdle and Northumberland Plate.
- Newmarket, the headquarters of British Flat horse racing.
- Sandown Park, where the Eclipse Stakes and Tingle Creek Chase are run.
- York, home of the Juddmonte International and Nunthorpe Stakes.
How Do You Open a Betting Account in the UK?
If you want to open an account with one of the top horse racing betting sites in the UK, you, firstly, need to fill in the registration form after clicking on “Join” or “Sign Up”, entering personal details. You should then create a username and password for your betting account, then you can make your first deposit. It’s important to check that the option you use is compatible with the welcome bonus.
You may also be asked to enter a promo code to unlock the sign-up offer, or it will be automatically awarded when you place qualifying bets.
What is the Best Horse Racing Bet?
It depends on what type of punter you are as to what the best horse racing bet is. Placing each-way wagers on any UK online horse betting sites is a smart strategy.
What is the Best Horse Racing Betting Site?
Many horse racing betting sites in the UK believe they are best. Industry leaders such as Betfair, Bet365 and Betfred are among those considered top dogs.
How Do I Place a Bet on a Horse Race?
You place a horse racing bet by logging in to your betting account, then locating the races and horses you want to back on the sportsbook. Add selections to your betslip, then enter your stake and confirm the wager.